Re: Proposal: Explicit "Get access to media" call

On 8 September 2013 03:19, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> Instead of speeding things up, it would slow things down - because when we
> finally know the properties of the device, we have to re-negotiate.

I think that's overstating the problem.  In many cases the guesses the
can be attributed to the stream are going to be good and the session
will work fine.  The cases where they weren't good, were never going
to be good until the grant is given.  Yes, there are cases where this
doesn't help, but the advantages are not limited to the negotiation
case.