Re: Proposed new text for noaccess

On 28 October 2013 10:30, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Do we really think that the average user would be able to understand
> different levels of (essentially) access to a camera or microphone?

That's not something that I can answer at this current moment.  It
probably depends a great deal on how the question is presented.

> And with the current UIs, would we not get to a click through behavior?
> E.g. the site first asks for "peeridentity"-access, the user clicks
> "accept", the site upgrades and the user gets a new prompt and does not
> read/understand the difference and just clicks accept again?

Given the proposed state machine, I don't see there ever being a case
where the user gets two prompts.  That is, unless the site is playing
games with them.  I can think of several ways to discourage bad
behaviour like that if it comes to that.