Re: Proposed new text for noaccess

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK <
stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> To me (and that perhaps says more about my lack of competence than this
> text) a lot is still unclear:

Hmmm...I think a lot of this follows directly from the constraint model,
so I'm reluctant to describe it for this particular constraint and not
others.

> * I think we need to elaborate a bit more of what "accessible to the
> content JS" means. Can you record (presumably not)?

No, because that's the content of the stream.

> Can you clone?

Yes, because you're just manipulating the handle.

> * It is also unclear if you can change an existing track from "noaccess"
> to normal (or vice versa).

Yes, because it's a constraint.

And if that is done, what will happen with
> illegal consumers?

That's what the discussion upthread between Harald, Martin, and I is
partly about.

> * Also unclear is when you can define "noaccess". Is it at gUM? Or at
> any time?

It's a constraint, so at any time.

> * Should there be any way for the app to check if a stream/track is
> "noaccess/identiTY"?

It's a constraint, so however constraints behave.

> * From the text below I understand that a "noaccess" stream/track can
> _not_ be sent over a PeerConnection. That should probably be said
> clearly (perhaps in the WebRTC draft).

Sure. I think it would be easier here.
I propose "Streams with noaccess constraint may not be added
to RTCPeerConnections. Any attempt to do so so results in
X" where X is the outcome of the upthread discussion.

-Ekr