Re: Proposal related to bug 22270 "Adding tracks to MediaStream should only be possible for constructed streams"

On 25/10/13 20:39, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 25 October 2013 11:24, Stefan Håkansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> adding a track that is already there will just silently
>> fail IIUC.
>
> Adding a track that is already there has already succeeded.
>
>> if it is removed the second after it will be gone
>
> If it is removed just after that, then it was removed afterwards and
> it doesn't matter if it was one second or 100.  That's just the nature
> of the beast.

My point was that you'd get different results if you designed in this
(clumsy) way depending on timing of certain (local and remote) actions.

> If you want to guarantee that it's there, add it and
> register for removal events so that you can re-add it.

I agree fully (and I'm not pushing for the intro of different types of
MediaStream's).