Re: Make MediaStream usable with postMessage

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:01:08 +0100
To: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Section 4.2 "MediaStream", add paragraph:
> "When a user agent (e.g. as result of postMessage() being called with a
> MediaStream as argument) is required to obtain a structured clone of a
> MediaStream, follow the algorithm outlined in
> [http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/infrastructure.html#safe-passing-of-structured-data];
> when the 'internal structured cloning algorithm' step is reached, carry
> out the same processing as if the 'clone()' method had been called for
> that MediaStream, and let streamClone be output."
>
> Does this look reasonable?

We'll move this to JavaScript eventually, see
https://github.com/dslomov-chromium/ecmascript-structured-clone for
work in progress, and at that point you'll need to make it clear it
ends up in a different global as well (realm in ES6-speak). So you
can't just use clone() as that only works same-global.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/