Re: Constraints as a separate interface

From: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:59:28 -0400
To: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 10/15/13 10:52 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:

> So I want to be able to add _/some/_ succinct expression to the
> definition of MediaRecorder that makes it clear that you can query
> it’s Capabilities and Settings, and affect the Settings by applying
> Constraints.  Furthermore, any spec that wants to use this interface
> should need to list only the relevant Capabilities and their
> types/ranges.    If someone will tell me what the correct webIDL for
> this is, I’ll be glad to use it.

We could have a method returning a separate interface I suppose:

     partial interface MediaStreamTrack {
         Constrainable getConstrainable();
     };

Or if all you're looking for is a specification editorial aide, then
maybe this:

     interface MediaStreamTrack : Constrainable { ...
     };

     partial interface MediaRecorder {
         // NOTE: Constrainable interface goes here
     };

     interface Constrainable { ...
     };

Unfortunately, MediaRecorder already inherits from EventTarget and
webidl doesn't allow multiple inheritance, so that one gets a little ugly.

.: Jan-Ivar :.