Re: addTrack/removeTrack on gUM streams and PeerConnection remote streams

On 10/07/2013 01:30 PM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> On 2013-09-27 14:28, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>> Reawakening an old discussion (tracked in bug 22270).
>>
>> The suggestions made are (I think) three different ones:
>>
>> - Create two classes of MediaStream, one which adds tracks under UA
>> control, and one which adds tracks under Javascript control. Only the
>> second has the addTrack and removeTrack methods. getUserMedia and
>> peerconnections produce the first type.
>
> I think we should give this approach a try. We would get a Stream API
> with better structure and separation of responsibilities (UA vs
> script). I think that's better to build upon if we need to extend the
> Stream API in the future.

This change is not strictly backwards compatible, in that some code that
works today will break under the new specification.

But the nice thing about it is that it's forward compatible - if we
decide to relax the restriction, no code should need to change.