Re: Questions/Comments on Media Stream Recording

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>wrote:

>   It's just a quibble about style.  When I used to program in C++, I was
> taught never to write code like:
>
>    // or if you have a reference to the recorder you
>    // can access it directly
>    recStream = recorder.stream;
>
> The idea was that accessing instance variables directly broke
> encapsulation, and that it was better to always use an accessor function:
>     recStream = recorder.getStream()

This does not apply to the Web at all. In Web APIs, it's completely normal
(and indeed, encouraged) for attributes to be part of the public API of an
interface.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq