Removing optional constraints (Re: Overconstrained)

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:08:13 +0100
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Changing the subject line again, since "overconstrained" is another
topic....

I have said this before, but repeat it too... I believe that not having
optional constraints will lead clients to a style of programming that is
likely to work only with specific devices, and may lead browser
implementors to a style of programming where they ignore mandatory
constraints with the argument that "they didn't know what they were
asking for, we know better".