Re: Updated Media Capture and Streams editor's draft

From: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:34:54 +0100
To: "Mandyam, Giridhar" <mandyam@quicinc.com>
CC: Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 2013-03-25 05:29, Mandyam, Giridhar wrote:

> 2.  Section 4.2.2.  Why do the getVideoTracks/getAudioTracks methods
> return sequences instead of MediaStreamTrackArrays?

The returned structure is a snapshot of the unordered track sets in the
stream at a given time. We want to pass it by value and let the script
modify the structure without affecting the stream that returned it.

/Adam

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-array
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-sequence