Re: Updated Media Capture and Streams editor's draft

Quick replies on a few items below to avoid misunderstandings.

On Mar 25, 2013, at 12:29 AM, Mandyam, Giridhar wrote:

> Great stuff.  I apologize in advance for mixing questions related to historical features in the spec versus new changes.
>
> 1.  Section 4.1.  "A MediaStream object is said to be finished when all tracks ... have ended."  Should the corresponding state attribute be called  "finished" instead of "ended"?
>
> 2.  Section 4.2.2.  Why do the getVideoTracks/getAudioTracks methods return sequences instead of MediaStreamTrackArrays?
>
> 3. Section 4.3.2.  appendConstraint, prependConstraint methods.  I assume that these methods preserve the relative priority of previous optional constraints, while making the new constraint highest priority if it is prepended and lowest if it is appended.  Is this correct?  If so, it should probably be clarified in this section.
>
> 4.  Section 4.3.2.  Do developers really need all these methods?  In short, wouldn't it be possible to manipulate constraints through the applyConstraints() method and nothing else?
>
> 5. Section 4.3.3.  In the Image Capture proposal I put forward, there is a getFrame() method that provides frame capture in the form of an RGBA byteArray.  Is it possible to execute such a method on both a 'camera' and a 'photo-camera'?   If not, why not?
>
> 6. Section 4.3.2.  Example in the "NOTE" section refers to constraints (e.g. fillLightMode) that are not listed in the IANA registry (Section 10.1).

I had copied this almost verbatim from Travis' document.  I meant to adjust to match the demo list of constraints in section 10.1.  I will adjust in the next draft.

> 7. Section 10.1.  This is missing two constraints that I thought the group was OK with - zoom and fillLightMode.

As I mentioned in the large note preceding that section, this is not intended to be the "approved" list.  You may also have noticed that "aspectRatio" was not included, although it was more popular in the straw poll at the interim than zoom and fillLightMode.  Again, this is just a sample set so we can talk intelligently with concrete examples.