Re: How to direct audio/video streams from HTML5 media element to PeerConnection?

Consent wont be necessary here.  The content is either readable by the
page origin (because it came from that origin) or it is not.  Tags
that are displaying tainted content (cross-domain, peer-bound, or
otherwise inaccessible) can't be captured*.  No point in going any
further than that.

I prefer 2.3.  Given that a display tag (<video>, <audio>) can be
paused, resumed, etc..., we have to assume that there is some
display-tag-specific processing going on to produce the captured
track(s).  A method is the best way to approach this, it lets the
browser surface exceptions and provide appropriate grouping semantics,
like composing audio and video into a stream.

* Let's not go into the case where the content origin is the target of
the RTCPeerConnection, which is extreme and crazy.