Re: How do we enable/select tracks for playout?

On 2013-03-20 18:12, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 20 March 2013 07:33, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> On 2013-03-19 14:00, Jim Barnett wrote:
>>>
>>> The final decision of what to display should be up to the sink.  If
>>> there are sinks that can handle MediaStreams containing multiple
>>> audio or video tracks, then they should be able to use whatever
>>> heuristics they want to select the Track(s) to play out.
>
> I'm concerned with the non-deterministic behaviour that could happen
> if we don't make something explicit here.

I agree. We need to do something about this since we removed the order
of the tracks and there's no logical "first" track of each kind anymore.

But if the sink has some mechanism for enumerating tracks and selecting
which one to render, then that should just work for MediaStreams as
well. However, selecting a track is no guarantee that there's data on
it; it might just be muted on track-level anyhow.

/Adam