Re: Recording and MIME types (Re: Mediastream Recording implementation)

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>wrote:

> We may have a problem here if we expect a MIME type for each blob.
> MIME types are usually defined in terms of the whole file (or the whole
> stream for RTP MIME types), including any headers that occur only at the
> beginning.
>
> My expectation is certainly that the MIME type of the file that results
> from concatenating all the blobs needs to be clearly defined and useful,
> but I don't see a reason to have a MIME type for each blob.
>
> If Blobs have MIME types in general, that may be an argument against using
> Blob.

The MIME type of a Blob is optional. See for example
http://www.w3.org/TR/FileAPI/#constructorParams. See also the APIs for
concatenating and slicing Blobs --- the idea that a Blob can represent part
of a resource is not new.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*