Re: Improve error message when browser denies access to getUserMedia()

On 10 July 2013 08:11, Erin Spiceland <espiceland@digium.com> wrote:
> The current behavior in Chrome is that if the user ever denies
> media on the call to getUserMedia, the browser will permanently block
> media and automatically deny subsequent requests, immediately calling
> the failure callback, without asking the user. I am not certain if the
> behavior is the same when using HTTPS. To unblock the site, the user
> has to go into Chrome's media preferences
> (chrome://settings/contentExceptions#media-stream) and remove the
> domain from the blocked list.

Perhaps this issue is then a consequence of a specific implementation
choice.  I'd suggest that people who are unhappy with this behavior
talk to those that implemented this and attempt to have it fixed
there.

The browser acts as an agent for the user, from the application
perspective, receiving a rejection from either party must be
considered equivalent.