RE: Constraints or not ?

I think you are looking at v5. Sorry, I should have put a redirect in place to v6... but you can just change the 5 to a 6 in the URL and get to the most recent proposal.

From: Cullen Jennings (fluffy) [fluffy@cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 1:06 PM
To: Stefan Håkansson LK
Cc: Cullen Jennings; public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Constraints or not ?

On Dec 26, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

>> 2) seem to go against many of the decisions we already made about
>> constraints.
>
> Again, some elaboration would be nice. When I read the proposal I get the impression that it is well aligned to how we have been using constraints so far. You can use constraints when changing some settings in the same way as they have been proposed to be used with getUserMedia before if I understand correctly.

So I thought the WG had decided in the various WG meetings we were going to use constraints to set this sort of stuff, but when I read this doc, I see things like

pictureDevice.redEyeReduction.request(true,true);

This seems a completely different API model to me and given the amount of time that went into the constrains discussion, unless someone has a concrete example of where constraints can't work, I'm not keen on reopening that.