RE: Why does media capture require a browser?

Also, the choice of the "navigator" object should not carry too much implied notion that this is a browser-only feature. Navigator already existed (and is the home geolocation too), so we are using it--there's no other particular dependency on this object. For example, nodejs could choose to host this functionality from global or from another object (say "media").