Re: scope of media stream recording and capture specification(s)

On 02/06/2013 08:14 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Jim Barnett
> <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com <mailto:Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>> wrote:
>
>     Glenn,
>
>     I agree that we need to clarify the relationship between our
>     specs.  You are right that the GetUserMedia document describes how
>     to create a local MediaStream. However the WebRTC specification
>     (http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html) allows you to
>     create a remote MediaStream (one that’s getting its data from a
>     remote peer.)  MediaRecorder should work with either type of media
>     stream, so it’s not limited to local streams.

getUserMedia defines the general stream model. WebRTC builds upon that
definition and extends it.
The intent of the recording spec is that one should be able to record
any stream that builds upon the getUserMedia specification of MediaStream.

> In addition to clarifying scope, I would suggest that the following
> members of the MediaRecorder API be moved to another, less general API
> or specification: image{Height,Width}, takePhoto, onphoto.

I think I heard people say at the interim that they thought takephoto()
and friends should be moved to a separate specification.