Re: Dictionary-shaped Hammers

On 9 December 2013 12:09, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

> I think I misunderstood what you mean by "marked as deprecated". Are you
> saying that if a developer passes in a Dictionary they will get a warning in
> the developer console?

Yes, warnings to the console, or whatever channel your favourite
browser uses to inform developers that what they are doing is not
portable, deprecated, etc...

> What should happen if they populate ConstraintSet
> with a typo and pass it into getUserMedia()?

The right thing: the constraint is set, it cannot be met and whatever
happens to constraints that cannot be met happens.  For mandatory
constraints, that would result in a failure.  (Let's not get hung up
on the error code, but in that case, I might be tempted to expose an
"UNSUPPORTED_CONSTRAINT" error.)