Proposal: Time out for getUserMedia.

From: Kiran Kumar <g.kiranreddy4u@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:57:40 +0530
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
HI,

I propose the following suggestions regarding the following two scenarios.
Please ignore if they are already discussed.

1) When a getUserMedia() is called, it will prompt for user acceptance. If
the user closes the pop up, then the application is not receiving any
error. So I would like to suggest that getUserMedia should respond with
permission_denied error.

2) After calling getUserMedia(), the pop-up for user acceptance is waiting
indefinitely for user acceptance. It would be better, if that prompt gets
timed out after some time, and send a negative status response to the
applications (the response may be permission_denied or user_time_out error).

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Kiran.