Re: Proposal for output device selection

My 2 cents:

I would like to see a separate permissions request for device enum which
would solve all fingerprinting issues. A getUserMedia permissions request
would also grant device enum rights but obviously not the other way around.
Without a granted device enum permissions request the web app should not
even be able to see the number of devices.

The current idea that one has to call getUserMedia before getting all info
from device enum feels very wonky to me is is not compelling from an user
perspective.

The obvious drawback to my suggestion is that in some cases the user will
be presented with dual permissions requests.

/Tommy