Re: Constructors for MediaStreamTrack subtypes - remove?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 23:51:43 +0100
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 5 August 2013 09:45, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> In the absence of such consensus, I suggest that we remove the
> constructors from the spec at this time, so that it's clear that
> implementations don't have to support these constructors that don't
> produce useful objects at the moment.

Rather than "fixing" the spec, I suggest that we attempt to close on
the issue.  It took me ages to find the thread, because it's been so
long since we talked about this.  I guess the thread just got lost and
forgotten.

Here's the proposal that came out of an interim some time back:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2013Feb/0016.html

I suspect that requiring the monkey patch might be a bit strong for
some, but the constructors do seem to provide value.