Re: Playability of individual Blobs produced by a MediaRecorder

On 1 August 2013 13:20, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 July 2013 22:17, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com> wrote:
>> I can’t think of a good use case for a series of contiguous playable blobs.
>
> I can.  You are maintaining a continuous record of the output of a
> security camera.  You don't want to archive an arbitrarily long stream
> into a single file, instead you want to ensure that you can separately
> access records from a given time (slice) without having to scan
> through a single big stream.

(Whoops, fat-fingered the enter key...)

A command that triggers the atomic creation of the end of one file and
the start of the next seems like an appropriate solution, though I'm
sure that other options are possible.

I'd like to avoid the need for applications to create overlapping
recording contexts.  That sucks for any number of reasons.