Re: Rationalizing new/start/end/mute/unmute/enabled/disabled

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>wrote:

> An alternative would be a getUserMedia() option (constraint I assume) that
> actually generated the stream from a supplied URL instead of asking the
> user.  This would lose a few options which are possible if it's run through
> a <video> element (such as I suspect generating video from a canvas you're
> drawing into - think whiteboards).

IMHO passing a URL to getUserMedia wouldn't be any easier to implement, and
would mean you don't get the nice media element interface --- seeking,
playbackRate, format selection, state monitoring, etc.

There may be a security issue with captureStreamUntilEnded() with
> cross-origin issues...  if you can put it in a MediaStream, even if the
> origin taints it to where the app can't then get to it directly, it could
> run it through a loopback pair of PeerConnections to "sanitize" it.
>  Hmmm....  Roc, any ideas?

Good point. We should add a same-origin check in captureStream(UntilEnded)
until we have end-to-end tracking of stream origins.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq