Re: VideoStreamTrack: takePhoto()

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:18:42 +0200
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
CC: public-media-capture@w3.org
On 08/04/2013 14:35 , Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Thanks for the corroboration that there are at least 2 people in the
> world who think that.

Well, as a community we've only been hashing out designs for a few years
it's true. And we've only deployed futures in some minor projects like
jQuery or Angular.

In fact I'm not sure I can think of a piece of infrastructure we've
added recently that's carried this much support, especially from the
community.

> Java's (and Javascripts' by inheritance) adherence to UTF-16 is a legacy
> of people believing that.

It still beats sticking to ISO-8859.