Re: MediaStream: multiple consumer case

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> I suspect we do not want Stream to be confused with MediaStream in any
> way as MediaStream is to some extent designed to be opaque. We do not
> want someone to extract its bytes at any given point. However,
> endpoints that accept a MediaStream should also accept a Stream in due
> course.

It sounds like your Streams just produce bytes. How would a MediaStream
consumer such as <video> interpret these bytes? We can't just start
decoding the bytes if the consumer happens to attach in the middle of the
Stream.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq