Re: MediaStream: multiple consumer case

> Hi,
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html#mediastream
> does not seem particularly clear on the subject of allowing multiple
> consumers. It's been suggested to me that this may be clearer
> elsewhere in the draft, but I think it would be good to define aspects
> of the MediaStream primitive where that primitive is introduced.

I agree, and in particular I have always found the picture in section
4.1 as confusing/misleading in that it indicates that the MediaStream,
with two consumers, would have to be defined with two (input/)outputs. I
think it should be changed in a way where several consumers are attached
to the single output of a MediaStream.

> Also, I wonder, if we introduce a Stream object for XMLHttpRequest,
> should it similarly support such a multiple consumer case? And if so,
> how would the read semantics of such a thing be defined?

Are you referring to section 4 of the "Media Capture and Streams"
document (the name of the section is "Stream API"; it should be
MediaStream API I think) or to the "Streams API" document by the Web
Applications WG?

Br,
Stefan