From: rocallahan@gmail.com [mailto:rocallahan@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Robert O'Callahan
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:01 AM
To: Adam Bergkvist
Cc: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: Feedback on the recording proposal

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:

 On 2012-10-09 07:13, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

 Does the last dataavailable event happen before or after the
 stoprecording event? I guess it should be "before".

 What if the data (on some platforms) needs to undergo some processing before it can be handed to the application as a Blob. Shouldn't "stoprecording" fire when the recording is actually stopped and then "dataavailable" when the Blob is available.

How then would you know when you've received all the data packets?

Since events fire asynchronously, you can't fire stoprecording "when" the recording stops, only after it has stopped, so I think it's OK to delay it until after the last dataavailable.

Rob
--
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. ... If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]