Re: revised recording proposal

From: Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:34:06 -0800
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Mandyam, Giridhar wrote:
> Please point out the requirements in http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/scenarios.html that state that media processing be built into the recording function.

Who said anything about "media processing be built-in"? I thought we
were talking about recording. Having the ability to return compressed
data incrementally in a form that can be decoded as-is is certainly a
desirable feature that has nothing to do with "media processing" (see,
for example, Scenario 3.5 in the document you link to, which AFAICT
requires this feature). If you thought Jim was asking for access to
_uncompressed_, raw buffers, then I agree that has little to do with the
recording API, but that's not been what we've been talking about, as far
as I'm aware.