RE: approaches to recording

Since this last message, I discovered the TURN protocol builds a tunnel between the browser and TURN server.  A TCP tunnel would thus ensure reliable transmission even if the browser was natively transmitting media via RTP.

But in order for us to count this as a practical solution, we'd need to know that browsers intend to support a TCP-based TURN communication.  If the expected stacks will only support UDP transport, for example, then we shouldn't count this proposal as addressing our "remote transcription" use case.

I'd appreciate hearing from vendors on this issue.

Thank you