Re: Another image capture API proposal (Re: Fwd: Re: Re: Proposed resolution for open items)

On 5/17/2012 10:57 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:
> Randall,
>    Could you explain what you mean by the  'use-once aspect'?  As I read
> the file api document, the URL created by createObjectURL is valid until
> it is explicitly revoked (or the page is destroyed).  I understand that
> direct access to (and assignment of) the underlying stream can be
> convenient, but is it necessary for your example to work?

URLs from createObjectURL() are either valid until revoked, or until the
first use (optionally).  The first-use bit helps to avoid resource leaks
and avoid application tracking of liveliness, but that means you can't
pull the value out of .src and use it again with any certainty.

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org