Re: Help with capturing requirements from scenarios

On 05/31/2012 09:26 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Travis has asked for some help with getting the requirements distilled
> from our scenarios document for GetUserMedia:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/scenarios.html
>
> There are some requirements that are really obvious, like these, all
> distilled from 2.1 "Check out my new hat!":
>
> - Abilty to show the image stream from a camera on the screen
> - Ability to capture a still image from camera and store the result
> - Ability to trigger image capture from a timed event, not just from a
> button click
> - Ability to capture sound and store the result
> - Ability to display the volume of sound captured from from a microphone
> - Abillity to trigger an event based on the volume of sound over some
> time (silence, in this case)

I read 2.2 "Election podcast and commentary (video capture and chat)",
and derived these additional requirements:

- Ability to remember (store) permissions to use camera and microphone
- Ability to capture video (must remain even if the associated tab is
not in focus)
- Ability to present captured video locally (I think this was already
present in 2.1)
- Ability to capture sound (must remain even if the associated tab is
not in focus)
- Ability to stream captured sound and video to remote peers
- Ability to receive and render audio and video streamed from remote peers
- Ability to record audio and video (both generated locally and received
from remote peers)