From: Mandyam, Giridhar [mailto:mandyam@quicinc.com]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 2:34 PM
To: Jim Barnett; Travis Leithead; public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: RE: new draft of recording proposal

I think what you are saying is that when a memory exception occurs, then your preference would be that UA should not be allowed to return data at all.  Is that correct?

Regarding validity of the data, I'm not sure why that is a concern for this particular event.  My expectation is that the UA will have its own predefined limits on maximum blob size (e.g. set at compile time).  If it is returning data prior to the recording having ended, then the developer can assume that the blob has reached the UA limits.  This is different from a memory exception due to e.g. heap space limitations.

If there is a memory exception due to lack of heap space, then I agree that all bets are off and any data returned may not be valid.