RE: Early Holiday Present: Settings API version 6

For those of you thinking about the privacy/fingerprinting issues involved in surfacing the device identifiers, I included a rather cynical example usage scenario in section 7.2 for your consideration:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/proposals/SettingsAPI_proposal_v6.html#getting-access-to-a-specific-video-source-if-available