Re: How to check if permission denied?

On 6 December 2012 11:31, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> And, similarly from an usability perspective, I'm convinced that mandatory
> constraints are necessary.
> One of us must be wrong.

I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I am wrong.  Let me try
to summarize:

My concern, specifically, is that application developers will be able
to create applications that "work on my machine", but fail for their
users by using mandatory constraints that result in failure for some
users.

Your concern, as I understand it, is that application developers will
be unable to select devices that are not suitable for their
application because removing mandatory constraints allows the user to
select unsuitable devices.

Is that right?  I did not mention any cases where mandatory
constraints could be "tested" without consent dialogs because we have
no such API, and none currently proposed.

--Martin