From: Richard Mundell
Sent: 16 June 2020 09:08
To: Whittam Smith, Benedict (Refinitiv) <benedict.whittamsmith@refinitiv.com>
Cc: Aaron Garforth <agarforth@axonfs.com>
Subject: ODRL use cases for interactive/desktop product usage

Hi Ben,

As discussed last week, based on the work we've done with the FITS and INFOmatch user communities about their priorities for contractual rights compliance, most of the feedback was about sharing rights information to end-users for desktop/interactive products rather than system-to-system controls. Some of the notable requirements were:

  *   Visibility of usage rights when a product is being ordered by a user
  *   Making rights information visible to users as they access a product
  *   Sending information about the usage rights for a user's active subscriptions to them
  *   Training them on the usage rights for their desktop products
  *   Identifying non-compliant usage (e.g. a user downloaded a PDF and e-mailed it to an external e-mail address)

I would certainly urge the ODRL working group to bear in mind use cases other than the purely programmatic dissemination of market data.  Obviously, most of the above features would need to be built into spend management systems such as ours but it's obviously important that the ODRL is able to capture the usage rights information needed to drive the user-facing functionality. Some examples would be:

  *   I'm creating a spreadsheet containing a terminal vendor's data - am I allowed to share this with clients
  *   I'm creating a spreadsheet combining two vendors data to create derived data
  *   I'm creating a spreadsheet combining two vendors data to create derived data - am I allowed to share this with clients?
  *   I'm downloading a tearsheet from a rating agency - am I allowed to share this with colleagues and/or with clients?

Hope that's helpful and the sort of thing you were looking for.

As mentioned last week, would be very happy to facilitate a presentation to the TRG Screen user community on the ODRL initiative and, hopefully, we can get you into an in-person user group later this year or early next.

Kind Regards,

Richard Mundell
Chief Product Officer
[cid:image001.png@01D643BC.9709C1C0]
richard.mundell@trgscreen.com<mailto:richard.mundell@trgrp.com>
Website<https://www.trgscreen.com/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/trg-screen> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/trgscreen>

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. All information included with this email is the property of TRG Screen and all its subsidiaries.