Re: Selection of use cases for the Introduction Chapter

so, should I vote?

In that case, I vote: UC3, as it will go through the different
chapters. I wonder if UC1 can migrate to the AUI - Design time cell,
which is currently empty.

For Cell Concrete UI-Design Time, perhaps UC11 is a bit more
articulated, but certainly it needs a more precise reference to the
involved models.

For Cell Final UI-Run Time, perhaps I would use UC7.2, because the
domain is an appealing ones for developers at this time.

best

paolol

2013/1/30 Joëlle Coutaz <joelle.coutaz@imag.fr>:
> Hi,
> Except from Jean, I have not received any feedback to the email below. I need your input before I can start editing the introduction document.
> Best,
> --joelle
>
> Begin forwarded message:

>> From: Joëlle Coutaz <joelle.coutaz@imag.fr>
>> Subject: Selection of use cases for the Introduction Chapter
>> Date: 29 January 2013 11:15:29 GMT+01:00
>> To: public-mbui@w3.org
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> As planned at the last Telco meeting (thursday Jan. 24th 2013),
>> - Gaelle and I propose a selection of one use case per cell for the recap table at the top of Section "Use Cases for MBUID. The other use cases will be suppressed from the introduction chapter but combined in an Annex.
>> - We are expecting email exchanges between now and tonight so that we can start modifying the introduction document tomorrow.
>>
>> Below, we have listed four cells for which there are competing use cases.
>>
>> **** Cell Task&Concept-Design Time: actually, there are 2 use cases here :
>> - UC3- "Car rental" provided by UCL. Motivation: it has been decided that it will be used as the running example for every chapter.
>> - UC1- "Digital home" provided by ISTI. Motivation: it is well described, easy to understand, and very timely in the scientific, technical, and industrial communities.
>> - Reasons for not selecting the other UCs: UC5 (Usability engineering) and UC10 (Learning HCI) are presented in generic terms; no screen dump of the FUI has been provided; UC12 (User modeling) is too complex.
>>
>> **** Cell Task&Concept-Run Time
>> - UC4 "Minimalist UI" provided by DFKI. Motivation: it is well described, applies to large scale industrial domain, covers the "environment aspect" of the context of use.
>> - Reasons for not selecting the other UCs: UC7-4(MASP). The concept of meta-UI is probably too complex to be grasped by readers newcomers in the field. In addition the UI is expressed in German, thus not accessible to any one. UC10 (dynamic composition of UI) is quite timely and well described, probably too advanced (academic) for readers newcomers in the field. Can be discussed in comparison with UC4.
>>
>> **** Cell Concrete UI-Design Time
>> The 2 use cases proposed for this cell, UC6 (automotive industry approach) and UC11 (multi-device development tools) are generic descriptions/discussions about methods and tools respectively. They are not specific instances of either an approach used by such and such automative company for UC6, nor the description of a specific multi-device dev. tool. such as PhoneGap for UC11. In short, UC6 and UC11, as currently presented, are not use cases per se. Decisions have to be made by the group and/or by the contributors.
>>
>> **** Cell Final UI-Run Time
>> - UC2 (migratory PACMan) demonstrates automatic total migration between devices.
> [...]

Paolo Bottoni

Associate Professor of Computer Science

Email: bottoni@di.uniroma1.it

Website: http://w3.uniroma1.it/dipinfo/scheda_docente.asp?cognome=Bottoni&nome=Paolo