Re: Standardisation of UI modeling in OMG

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:40:35 +0100
To: Heiko Braun <ike.braun@googlemail.com>
CC: Paolo Bottoni <bottoni@di.uniroma1.it>, Gerrit Meixner <Gerrit.Meixner@dfki.de>, public-mbui@w3.org
On 11/10/12 13:57, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Is it the intention of this group to provide a CUI model as well?
>
> On Oct 9, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Paolo Bottoni <bottoni@di.uniroma1.it
> <mailto:bottoni@di.uniroma1.it>> wrote:
>
>> It is well-structured in terms of a MOF-compliant metamodel and it is
>> probably something to consider when turning to then definition of the
>> CUI model, if this group should do that, or to define a mapping
>> towards this a way of concretising the AUI in a graphical form.

We could work on the CUI and rules, but we first need to progress the
task models and AUI specs.  The charter scope is set out at:

http://www.w3.org/2011/01/mbui-wg-charter#scope

My expectation is that we would need to re-charter to do this, and it
will be conditional on having demonstrated industry interest in the task
models and AUI work we are doing now.