Re: Comments AUI class diagram September 27th version

Hey Paolo,

well i am talking about subclassing. I understood the
proposed W3C AUI model as a language (meta-model) that
is used within a design tool. With such a tool an AUI model
for a specific application is created.

Since submissions to the working group might contain more
concepts than those covered initially by the W3C AUI there is the need to
offer 'extension points' like abstract classes that can be detailed
(e.g. by subclassing)
to introduce additional concepts without destroying the basic structure
of the W3C AUI to ensure compability between the tools.

Could it be that you think about what i would call a meta-metamodel?

http://masp.dai-labor.de/fileadmin/Dokumente/Papers/Lehmann_ModelsAtRuntime_2010.pdf

I think this would be an interesting aspect to specify such a model after
we have finished initial versions of both the AUI and task model.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Feuerstack
Department of Computer Science

Check out MINT 2010 - the Multimodal INTeraction Framework
http://www.multi-access.de