From: David Fazio <dfazio@helixopp.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 8:34 PM
To: public-maturity@w3.org <public-maturity@w3.org>
Subject: [Maturity] Model Task Force 05-17-23 Agenda

Here are the Minutes from our last meeting:

https://www.w3.org/2023/05/10-maturity-minutes.html<https://www.w3.org/2023/05/03-maturity-minutes.html>

Email archive: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-maturity/

What:   Maturity Model Weekly Teleconference

When:   Wednesday 17 May

11:00 AM        Boston -- U.S. Eastern  Time            (EDT: UTC -4:00)

Corresponding times in other time zones are:

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Maturity+Model+Subgroup+Teleconference&iso=20230517T11&p1=43&ah=1<http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Maturity+Model+Subgroup+Teleconference&iso=20230510T11&p1=43&ah=1>

Where:  Zoom Teleconference Service

Please access Zoom via the link below:

https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_maturity-model

IRC: irc.w3.org Channel: #maturity

Agenda

Agenda+ Under 3.4.1.2 Development category of proof points, the examples of “Accessible developer implementation resources” seem more about information. Where might you consider software and hardware tools that help with accessible development, such as access to screen readers or switches?

Agenda+ Revisit Susanna’s updates to Support Dimension https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-maturity/2023Apr/0013.html

Agenda+ Stakeholder Document Update - Lionel and Stacey

Agenda+ Continue discussion on TLDR https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-maturity/2023Apr/0007.htmland Use Case https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-maturity/2023Apr/0019.html Integration

Agenda+ Continuation of Maturity Model review discussion with Stacey:

•  I know this is trying to be agnostic so it can cover a wide variety of businesses, education, government… But as I'm looking at the proof point section, I could see where something like this could be broken up into areas that match more closely to how an entity might be structured for better understanding of how it affects how they run. For example, a large corporation has an operations area. Accessible communications might fall into operational standards (or even HR, depending). There’s a lot of assumption in organizations that accessibility doesn’t reach into those operational areas in the org, and if that’s not clear how will they be set up for better success to implement these types of broad-reaching changes/needs?

•  I think it’s possible for an org to move back and forth between a stage based on how they’re prioritizing, funding and staffing the initiatives. Similar to the design phases within SDLC. Teams might go back and forth depending on new insights/data, prioritization and staffing, or even if there’s a pivot.

•  I like how there are ratings for the dimensions. I don’t think I caught that earlier in the introduction that this would be the case.

•  Looking at the spreadsheet (and I wasn’t sure on which tabs were the newest or ones I should look at) - the spaces for evidence make it seem like an easy thing to track and then list out. But it can be really weighty and time consuming. And what if one or two teams are doing amazing but others are struggling? How does that affect how you document and evaluate maturity in this model? Could be cool to have the evidence evaluation for the gaps so they know where to shore up and focus (that might be the intention here already?).

•  I can see this being very overwhelming and just documenting everything on an on-going basis could be someone’s full time job. Many companies don’t provide a program manager, product, TPM or other to assist in accessibility efforts. This may be quite hard for many to implement.

•  Looking at the first tab for spider graph, this is actually a very simple and easy way to understand experience and maturity and is commonly used in performance evaluations/discussions and competencies. I actually wonder if there’s a simple version for people without experts or for smaller businesses that will need less. Maybe there’s something in this model as a first step into how to start and build this journey?

Agenda+ New business