*From:* Peter Krautzberger [mailto:peter@krautzource.com]
*Sent:* lunes, 28 de agosto de 2017 10:41
*To:* mathonweb
*Subject:* [math-on-web] CG meeting minutes, 2017/08/17

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the very long delay in posting this.

Below are the minutes from the last CG meeting.

The next meeting will be on August 31 and we'll be focusing (and deciding)
on a TPAC meeting.

Best,

Peter.

# [math on web CG] minutes 2017-08-17

* Daniel: about polyfilling things

  * first approach done

  * https://w3c.github.io/mathonwebpages/examples/display/fraction1.html

  * Peter: only concern about polyfilling is that I can't see a JS math
rendering engine using this polyfill because of its complexity

* Peter: do you want to post this to the CSSWG thread?

    * Daniel: let me clean it up first

    * ACTION: post when ready

* TPAC

  * Peter: not many people at TPAC, those who are seem very busy

  * Tzviya: if focus is on CSSWG, maybe meet them outside TPAC

    * 3-4 F2F per year, or just start with call

  * Daniel: call sounds a good idea

  * Daniel: if we publish the polyfill and get some feedback, that's great

    * if I manage to get to TPAC and can talk to folks in person, that
would be worth it

  * ACTION Daniel will try to organize something with CSSWG

    * ACTION: Peter to write intro email to Alan

    * once we know more, we will update group

    * otherwise just spontaneous meeting

  * Tzviya: get Alan or Rawson today and announce as soon as possible.

  * [DONE]

* Tzivya: where is the group at accessible math

  * getting lots more request

  * accessibility object model

    * now in Chrome

  * Peter: AOM is very interesting

  * Peter: but generally it seems the web platform is sufficient, cf.
speech-rule-engine, Desmos's accessible editing interface etc

    * personally I'd recommend simply using alt-text generated by
speech-rule-engine to annotate HTML or SVG equation rendering -- anyone can
do this.

    * advanced: adding aria labels on MathML and expose them in HTML or SVG
rendering to fix a11y tree

      * but that's obviously expensive right now though MathJax is doing
research to automate that.