Re: [math-on-web] a11y TF meeting minutes, 2017/04/10

Hi everybody,

After reading the minutes, let me comment on some of the subjects.

Volker says that “some people are opposed to aria-labels”. This is consistent with the fact that AT reads the text and ignores the aria-labels. It is also connected with the idea that some people don’t like accessible specific content.

The role=math has its faults but does some of the job. I guess that it was a compromise reached time ago in order to use the aria-label (which seems to confirm what Volker said). If deprecated, an alternative should be provided. Maybe another role?

I do not understand the roledescription solution. Could someone rephrase it?

Dani