RE: [math-on-web] meeting minutes, 2017/03/30

Hi everybody,

Two weeks ago we had the a11y task force meeting but nobody wrote the
minutes. We were Charles Lapierre and myself.

I dare write what I remember from the conversation. At least my thouhts.

I was presenting the comparative of AT with regarding the role=math tag from

https://w3c.github.io/mathonwebpages/examples/a11y/survey.html

My surprise was that most AT behave quite alike. I also noted that the
role=math is necessary when you want that the AT reads the aria-label
instead of the text, which is always used if present. From this point of
view I’m not so sure that we should suggest any change of the behavior of
the role=math to the aria working group. We can have further discussions
for sure.

I also explained my concern about other kind of formulas like chemistry or
physics. In this case, role=math is somehow misleading since most AT also
says “math”.

Regards,

Dani