Re: machine readability (conversation starters)

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Group!

>  Instead of marking up math layout with semantics we could go semantic by
default and then use styles to get different looks.

Generally speaking, if there's a large enough group, anyone can (and
should) pursue their ideas. The only caveat is that, I think, this is not
in scope for a Community Group.

There's also a risk that you'll end up reinventing the wheel, e.g., Content
MathML includes an element <vector> [1], any computational system will have
something like it.  The focus of this group is on helping existing tools so
it'd be good to hear about tools that go in this direction.

Best regards,
Peter.

[1] https://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/mathml.html#chapter4_contm.vector