RE: Accessibility+ layout = recommendation for publishers: conversation starters:

Hi George,

For me the topic "accessibility+layout" is the same as accessibility. While
there is currently a practice to split the two (e.g. visually hidden MathML
with aria-hidden visual rendering), that's just as bad a practice in math
as it is anywhere else.

Regarding recommendations, I think that's a bit too early to think about;
if it's in scope for this CG at all. It seems more like something this
group might help other groups like the epub WG to do.

Best regards,
Peter.

On May 4, 2016 4:16 PM, "George Kerscher" <kerscher@montana.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I think we need to make a recommendation to publishers distributing HTML,
as in EPUB. What should they do to meet the visual needs for readers, plus
work effectively with Assistive technology.

peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org> wrote:

>> Hi math-on-webpages,
>>

>> Here's a short list of topics to start a conversation. These four came
up on the call, feel free to add.

>> If you're interested, just
>>

>> * spin off a new thread (change subject in your reply)
>>
>> * comment or +1 so that we can
>>
>> * team up for some dedicated conversations
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Peter.
>>

>> **layout**
>>

>> Whether CSS, SVG, or canvas, if you're interested in talking about math
layout on the web, let's collect best practices, use cases, and analyze
gaps in the OWP.

>> **accessibility*
>>

>> If you're working on making math accessible -- ARIA, speech, braille,
internationalization etc.

>> **editing**
>>

>> Web-based editing touches virtually everything -- layout, interaction,
accessibility -- but gathering information unique to the challenges of
editing would be worthwhile.