Re: MathML 4 question

On 22/10/2020 20:13, Murray Sargent wrote:

> Should the parentheses in the following stretch to fit their contents?
>
> <math>
>
> <mi>a</mi>
>
>             <mo>(</mo>
>
>             <mi>b</mi>
>
>             <mo>+</mo>
>
>             <mi>c</mi>
>
>             <mo>)</mo>
>
> </math>

yes, or more exactly stretch to fit their container (the size of the
<mi>a</mi> also contributes, although makes no difference here.

> The implied <mrow> contains a leading <mi>. Also should the
> parenthesis in the following stretch?
>
> <math>
>
> <mi>a</mi>
>
>             <mo>(</mo>
>
>             <mi>b</mi>
>
>             <mo>+</mo>
>
> </math>
>
> For OfficeMath, we convert delimiter expressions to an equivalent of
> <mfenced> internally and I’m working on emulating <mfrenced> with
> <mrow> infix notation.

<mfenced open="[" close="]" separators="">....</mfenced>

is by definition equivalent to

David

> Thanks,
>
> Murray

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.