Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: New writeup for intent examples

The intent is conveyed in both cases by using 2146 for the d.

________________________________
From: David Farmer <farmer@aimath.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:05:52 AM
To: public-mathml4@w3.org <public-mathml4@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: New writeup for intent examples

I'll repeat a point I made earlier about integrals with a
weight function.

The following expression is natural in the context of Chebyshev
polynomials (similarly for any set of orthogonal polynomials):

\int_{-1}^1 f(x) \frac{dx}{\sqrt{1-x^2}}

The " 1/\sqrt{1-x^2} " is distinguished.  A similar situation
arises in integral transforms.

I suggest these "weighted integrals" should have a way of denoting
the weight.

I'd like to know how Sam's  "Differential alone in the numerator"
compares to

\int_0^1 \frac{1}{x^2 + 1} dx .

Does that have the same intent?