Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Minutes: MathML Core meeting July 27, 2020

<mo> has a "form" attr. Its value can be prefix, infix, or postfix, where
prefix/postfix are used for open/close (i.e., fences). With well-structured
mrows, distinguishing between all the forms works via defaults if not
specified as their position in the mrow determines what is prefix (first in
the mrow), postfix (last in the mrow), and infix (anything else). If it
isn't well structured, the mo's *should* have the "form" attr specified.
Sadly, that doesn't happen that often in poorly structured MathML; but
separator/fence aren't specified much either. In those cases, you may get
suboptimal spacing and the semantics become murky (e.g "1 + | a | b | c | +
2").

Unicode has a number of different characters for vertical bars; finding
them is left as an exercise to the reader ;-)

    Neil

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>