Re: FYI: Edge MathML support

Hi Neil,

On 01/07/2020 19:56, Neil Soiffer wrote:
> I'm sure this is not a surprise to many of you, but Edge is picking up
> the MathML Core work of Igalia. As with Chrome (in the regular and
> nightly builds), you can turn it on by enabling the Experimental Web
> Platform features. The regular builds are maybe 1 -3 months behind the
> nightly builds and won't show off the current state of what is in the
> code base.

Thanks for the heads up. I was personally aware that Edge had switched
to Chromium and IIUC one of the argument was that they would no longer
need to wait for OS updates to upgrade the browser, but I didn't know
that they are updating it so frequently now. Does anyone know more about
there release schedule ? do they have something like
https://www.chromestatus.com/features/schedule?

> To turn MathML on:
> chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features
> edge://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features
>
> This test page
> <https://mdn.mozillademos.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/MathML_Project/MathML_Torture_Test$samples/MathML_Torture_Test?revision=1506691>
> will show off the current state. You need to pick a math font that is
> on your machine. The Stix fonts are good and can be downloaded from
> here <https://github.com/stipub/stixfonts/tree/master/OTF> if you
> don't already have them.

For the record we are also using

https://build-chromium.igalia.com/mathml/torture-test/mathml-torture-test.html

which uses latin modern math as a woff font.

Another one with WOFF open source fonts is

https://fred-wang.github.io/MathFonts/

Some more doc about math font is available on MDN:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/MathML_Project/Fonts

--
Frédéric Wang