Re: Minutes: MathML general meeting 30 July, 2020

Moritz,

I think we are on the same page as to goals. You maybe misunderstood the
minutes comment. The "two more weeks" comment is to end the time to gather
suggestions for the *charter*; what the specs will say is nowhere near
close to finished. The charter defines what is in scope and what is not for
the working group, along with deliverables, etc. The timeline I am looking
at *for the charter* is to have it in good shape by October so it can be
discussed at W3C TPAC meetings in October.  That's two more months of
charter writing, but to accomplish that writing, we need to end the brain
storming phase and enter a phase where we consider what is technically
appropriate and what people are willing to commit doing in the time period.
After that, comes putting those into plans into words we all agree on.

Just as an FYI about the timeline. If we submit the charter in November,
the WG wouldn't start until sometime in 2021 because the process to approve
a WG takes a few months. The WG likely would exist for maybe two years,
with hopefully working drafts moving to the last call/candidate
recommendation/... phases sometime in early 2022. Note: this *my* opinion
and the CG and/or W3C may have other ideas about the timeline.

Both the core meetings and semantics meetings have charter review/comments
on their agendas and I hope you will join at least one of the two meetings
so you have an opportunity to present and discuss any suggestions you have
about the charter. You have a lot of experience and I value your ideas.

    Neil